Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh Spring, come quickly!



Good afternoon lovely readers! I just looked at my thermometer, which had a fantabulous (if slightly incorrect) reading: +35 C. I shrieked with pleasure and ran outside, only to find out that it's more like +5 with some serious sunshine. Either way, it beats - anything, and it made me think of spring and all the beautiful things that come with it.

Ok, so maybe Tiger Lilies are more of a mid-late summer kinda flower, but they are my favorite and therefore I think they should symbolize Spring. Spring just happens to be my favorite season. It's all about renewal, and it's the end of the horror of Winter. I'm just not a fan of Winter. In Spring, animals have all sorts of babies, the snow goes back to Hell (where it actually comes from), plants start to wake up from their Winter sleep, trees get their leaves back, and life is just generally most beautiful. I think it would make more sense to make resolutions in Spring, rather than at New Years. Sure January 1st is the beginning of a calendar year, but Spring is the real beginning of a year. Ok...I just realized that my love of Spring might seem a bit intense...let's move along.

Now, on to the bitching. So uhh, Valentine's Day is coming...or as I like to call it: Single Awareness Day. It's truly the only day of the year when I feel like a complete failure because I haven't found someone with whom I'd like to spend copious amounts of my precious time. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a HUGE deal. People who say that it doesn't mean that much to them are most likely not single. If they are single, they are most likely lying. I realize it's just a huge Hallmark holiday, and it generates a gigantic amount of cash for companies who like to make people think that their love for another person can be measured by the size of the gift and the sappiness of the card, but dammit, I want a giant card and the pink singing Hippo too!! *Le sigh* I can't wait until the 15th of February.

7 comments:

Janellerific said...

Oh you spamming DICK!

Wanderlusting said...

hahaha...maybe he got lonely at the mention of Valentines Day and this is how he asks you out?

Wanderlusting said...

Oh and I should point out that Valentines Day still doesn't mean much to me. Its a crap day for everyone.

Think about it this way, if you are in a relationship then there is pressure to do something romantic and to to recieve something romantic. If you are single, then you know you aren't getting anything so if you DO it's a big surprise and there are no disapointments.

Ross is pretty good at it though. Last year he gave me a small teddy bear that held a plush heart that said:

"Shit Bitch, you is fine"

Janellerific said...

Yeah, I guess knowing that I ain't gettin' shit for Single Awareness day prevents any disappointments.

Ross sure does have a way with the ladies...Jeff used to tell me all the lovely things Ross would buy for him as well.

Gosh I miss Jeff.

Steven said...

Valentines day is overrated anyway.

What really sucks is when you've been married a bit and your wife no longer remembers to get you a card...

Sigh...I sound like such a girl sometimes. ;)

Steve~

Dayngr said...

ok, 1. I guarantee you most married people would love to be in your shoes right now. 2. Date lots and the rest will fall into place and 3. I'm willing to bet if you got a PO Box and put the addy up you'd get a ton of Valentine's gifts and cards. Seriously!

Janellerific said...

Haha the PO box idea is fantabulous!

Some year I'll give that a go! Thanks!